28 July 2014

The Proper Functioning of Each Part

Guys. Big News.

I'm the designer and a writing contributor for an online Catholic women's ministry.

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR.

It's for real. And I can hardly believe it; or that God would ask this of me; or that He would give me the skills to pull this off. Ok, the last part is believable, because - IT'S GOD. He can give me whatever gifts He wants. Someone recently said to me that I am very lucky that God has already revealed what my gifts are and how He is calling me to build up His kingdom.

Have you ever read the first part of Nehemiah, chapter 3? It's called the "List of Workers". It lists a name of a person, the section of the wall of Jerusalem they were in charge of, and the task that they completed. It's quite a dry read, if you take it at face value. In the midst of these numerous names and numerous gates, the people and their task seem to get lost in the bigger picture. They are all building up this wall. They are all a son of someone, and a son of someone. They all have weird names to our modern minds and that doesn't help them stand out either. They seem to fade into the back, unimportant to the real story.

"The Spring Gate was repaired by Shallum, son of Colhozeh, leader of the district of Mizpah; he rebuilt it, roofed it over, and set up its doors, its bolts, and its bars. He also repaired the wall of the Aqueduct Pool near the king's garden as far as the steps that lead down from the City of David." - Neh 3:15
Want to know something about Shallum? He was listed in this "List of Workers" almost at the end. We have to read through 15 previous verses of people building something, just to get to poor Shallum. By the time we get to him, our eyes are probably skimming and our minds are elsewhere. We really aren't absorbing God's Word and what He wants to bless us with. But poor Shallum was not poor at all! I don't know about his financial state, I have no clue. But Shallum was asked to repair a gate & the pool next to it. However this wasn't just any pool. This pool is later called the Pool of Siloam. In John 9 we read that this is where Jesus asked a blind man to go, to wash clay off of his eyes.

"...and said to him, "Go wash in the Pool of Siloam" (which means Sent). So he went and washed, and came back able to see." - John 9:7

Shallum didn't know that the work he was doing would provide a platform for Jesus to perform a miracle. Shallum didn't know that the efforts he made would not only be important in his current day, but in future days to come. Shallum didn't know that his little yes would allow God make BIG blessings later.

I have always loved creating sites. Facebook pages have been created for every place of business I've worked at.  I, absurdly, have 5 blogs. (4 aren't active - I just liked creating them.) I enjoy starting people up on social media. I'm an Instagram junkie and a Twitter stalker. I also love writing. I actually became giddy in college when term papers were assigned; and the more pages the better. One of my favorite classes was about writing and we spent the entire quarter dissecting the book "On Writing Well" by William Zinsser. (Yes, there was an entire chapter dedicated to the "dash". And yes - I understand I might have a problem). But how amazing that God has blessed me, and at such a young age (under 30, but very close), to provide an outlet to serve Him, utilizing all the gifts He has given to me and to recognize this. I never thought site creation and writing are kingdom-building gifts! Who knew? God knew!!

I got to create this site guys:


And I get to write for it. [[Insert giddy giggles here.]]

It's a Catholic women's ministry, founded in 2009. It has now expanded to an online forum and will provide bible studies starting August 2nd, 2014!!

Please join me and the other women, as we dive into God's Word together as sisters.

Jump into God's Word - hear His whispers of loving, merciful, grace-filled, healing, bless-filled words that He has for you. And His Mother will carry you to Him. She's really good at that - especially when we don't know how to walk. Just ask her.

"...from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, with the proper functioning of each part, brings about the body's growth and builds itself up in love." - Eph 4:16

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! xoK